- RSS Channel Showcase 4655898
- RSS Channel Showcase 3979946
- RSS Channel Showcase 5496046
- RSS Channel Showcase 1994095
Articles on this Page
- 11/16/13--07:16: _West Sonoma Coast p...
- 11/30/13--06:49: _The five best wines...
- 12/30/13--10:29: _Best wine (memory) ...
- 09/22/14--12:16: _The Perfect Getaway...
- 01/05/16--07:43: _The December 2015 r...
- 05/18/16--10:21: _Connecting the dots...
- 03/06/17--06:32: _California Dreaming...
- 03/27/17--06:20: _Europe, Arizona, or...
- 11/16/13--07:16: West Sonoma Coast part one
- 11/30/13--06:49: The five best wines I’ve ever had
- 12/30/13--10:29: Best wine (memory) of 2013
- 09/22/14--12:16: The Perfect Getaway: Dining and Wine Deals in Duluth
- 01/05/16--07:43: The December 2015 recap — What a month!
- 05/18/16--10:21: Connecting the dots via Knudsen Vineyards
- 03/06/17--06:32: California Dreaming, and the impact of the floods
- 03/27/17--06:20: Europe, Arizona, or Minnesota: Drink the local juice
I was recently looking back on my photos from our trip to California last spring, and realized I’ve got some good stories and info to share that will be especially helpful for anybody planning a Sonoma wine vacation anytime soon. So here is part one of the West Sonoma Coast. To begin with, let’s be […]
Welcome new readers who found me through the Terroirist’s daily email! I focus on events, tastings, and goings-on in the Twin Cities area, but if you want to read more of my “for the rest of the world” stuff check out the Vino Manifesto and my work at The Wine Company’s blog. **** What is the […]
I always have a hard time with the ‘best of’ question because it’s like trying to grip a handful of water. The moment you think you’ve got a hold, it slips out and you get a new idea. So I went though my 2013 pictures and grabbed the first that hit me. “Best” to me […]
Here’s the thing: I love eating out. I love supporting honest and true restaurants with chefs that give a damn. But I don’t like how much it costs. Always on the lookout for a bargain, I’ve figured out the perfect three day wine escape, which happens to be in Duluth, Minnesota. Duluth has one of […]
Ever look back at your personal calendar and wonder how you pulled it off? That’s the case with me and December of 2015, for sure the busiest month I’ve had in quite some time. In terms of wine classes and education, it was phenomenal, and in terms of my personal life it was one of […]
For me, this is what the wine industry is all about. Mid Summer, 1995: The Mall of America had been open for three years, and the hottest restaurant in the Mall was California Cafe. I was there waiting tables, scrapping together every bit of money I could while attending the University of Minnesota. I didn’t […]
Last December, anticipating a long, cold, snowy winter, Angela and I bought tickets for San Francisco to escape up to Napa and Sonoma for a few days in February. We landed on Wednesday the 15th of February and returned the following Monday. Yes, we missed out on a 60+ degree weekend in the Twin Cities, instead […]
Greetings from the mountains of southeastern Arizona! One of my (many) Google airfare alerts is for Phoenix, and about six weeks ago a round trip fare of $150 direct on Delta popped up. The dates happened to fall right on top of Spencer’s spring break. We grabbed it, rented a little house in Bisbee via […]